Your sump pump is one of those things you may not consider until you need it—then you cross your fingers it’s running as it should. The good news is that the experts at A-PLUS Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning are here to help whether you need new sump pump installation, repair or replacement for your Waldorf home.
Sump pumps can stop working for several of different reasons and we’ve likely experienced it all. So, when your sump pump starts acting up, give A-PLUS Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning a call to schedule a visit and examine your issue.
During our visit, we can provide you with various preventive maintenance hints to help ensure your sump pump doesn’t leave you high and dry (or actually, quite the opposite) when you need it most. Our experts will examine your sump pump for correct operation and if we see any evidence of a impending issue, we’ll alert you immediately and discuss your options.
It is important to take note there are a few very basic things that you can do to be confident you have your sump pump set up for efficiency:
- Check the pump is plugged in to a ground fault circuit interrupter (GFCI) outlet in case of power surges.
- Ensure the cord is in good shape.
- Be sure the pump is standing straight and not falling to one side as it can cause the sump pump to not activate when needed.
- If it has been a while since your sump pump has functioned, pour a bucket of water into the pit to make sure the pump starts and the water drains quickly.
- When it’s going to be dry, pull out the sump pump and clean the grate on the bottom as it can draw small stones into the grate over time.
- Make sure the vent hole in the discharge pipe is unblocked.
Because your sump pump is essentially a type of insurance to protect your house and your belongings from what can be devastating water damage, look to the experts at A-PLUS Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning to help ensure yours is doing its job. We’ve got the experience and expertise you need, whether you need sump pump repair or sump pump replacement. Give us a call at 301-747-3140
or request an appointment online.