Expert Sump Pump Repair and Replacement in Waldorf
You might not think about your sump pump until there’s a downpour. Then you hope it’s running properly so your Waldorf basement doesn’t sustain water damage.
Sump pumps can cease running for a few numerous reasons.
We’ve witnessed it all. If your pump isn’t working correctly, call the Experts at A-PLUS Service Experts to determine the problem.
We’ll examine your pump during our visit and provide you with preventive maintenance tips, so it won’t go out when you need it most.
Common Causes of Sump Pump Failure
Sump pumps can quit operating for a couple of different reasons:
- Power interruption
- Insufficient maintenance
- Wrong unit size
- Incorrect installation
- Switch problems
- Icy or clogged discharge lines
- Age (average life span is 10 years)
Sump Pump Maintenance Checklist
There are a few quick things you can do to ensure your sump pump is prepared for efficiency.
- Ensure the cord is in good shape.
- Plug it into a GFCI outlet in the event of power surges.
- Confirm the pump is vertical and not tilting to one side, since this can trigger the pump to not activate when required.
- If the pump hasn’t been on recently, dump a bucket of water into the pit to verify the pump turns on and removes the water efficiently.
- During drought-like weather, remove the sump pump and clean the grate on the bottom since it can pull small stones into the grate over time.
- Confirm the discharge pipe’s vent hole is clear.
Trust A-PLUS Service Experts for Your Sump Pump Needs
Because your sump pump is a method of security to defend your home from water damage, look to the Experts at A-PLUS Service Experts to confirm yours is doing its job.
We’ve got the skill—whether you need sump pump repair or sump pump replacement. Plus, all of our services are supported by a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for a year.* Contact us at 301-747-3140 or book an appointment online.