Carbon monoxide (CO) is a colorless, odorless and tasteless gas. It’s created by partial fuel combustion frequently caused by a lack of oxygen. In your house, appliances that use natural gas, charcoal, wood or kerosene are susceptible. Especially if they are not operating properly or have been installed incorrectly.
Vehicle exhaust fumes from nearby garages, as well as malfunctioning fireplaces may also be a carbon monoxide source. CO is poisonous to the body and is lethal at increased levels or with prolonged exposure.