Preventing it from happening is the most critical place to begin. Doing correct safety precautions will reduce your chances of carbon monoxide poisoning in Waldorf.
Here are a couple steps you can take to protect your family:
- Heat up your car away from your garage. Cars are a significant source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so do not leave yours on in the small space of a garage. The same goes for gas equipment like lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t run ovens or grills for heat. These appliances are safe when run correctly but can make carbon monoxide when run for an extended period of time in small spaces.
- Don’t operate a gas generator indoors, as it makes fumes.
- Have your chimney examined by a pro. This makes sure chimneys and vents are clear and connected appropriately.
- Verify gas appliances are working correctly, particularly your heating system. You can ensure efficient, safe comfort by requesting routine furnace maintenance with A-PLUS Service Experts.