Your HVAC system is essential to a comfortable home and healthy indoor air. The furnace and air conditioner work hard in the background, heating, cooling, controlling the humidity and filtering your indoor air. Lots of homeowners take these features for granted until they’re forced to do without them. If your air conditioning has ever broken down on a scorching summer day, or the furnace has stopped working during a blizzard, you understand what this is like firsthand.
No homeowner likes to deal with emergency repairs, a spike in energy bills or home comfort problems. What if there was a way to ensure an uninterrupted supply of clean, conditioned air when you need it most?
That’s where preventive HVAC maintenance comes in handy. Like receiving an oil change for your car, regularly scheduled tune-ups are essential for keeping your HVAC system running at its best. And to get the most from each maintenance visit, you should think about signing up for an HVAC maintenance contract.
This contract is an arrangement between you and the HVAC contractor. Participation takes the guessing out of HVAC service by supplying routine maintenance, savings on repair work between scheduled appointments and other benefits. An HVAC maintenance contract isn't required to request tune-ups with A-PLUS Service Experts, but we highly endorse enrolling. Here are six reasons why.
1. Built-In Reminders to Schedule HVAC Maintenance
Life gets busy, so it's not hard to forget about scheduling furnace maintenance in the fall and air conditioning maintenance in the spring. With an HVAC membership, you’ll receive scheduled reminders to get an appointment on your calendar. If you’re unfamiliar with why HVAC maintenance is so important, consider these benefits:
- Uncover smaller problems early: Issues with your heating and cooling tend to develop little by little. When a technician checks the internal components annually, it’s possible to pinpoint and resolve small problems before they grow to be big headaches.
- Reduce the risk of equipment failures: By tightening that loose fan belt and balancing the off-kilter blower motor during a maintenance visit, the risk of an unexpected breakdown goes down.
- Smaller repair costs: Routine HVAC maintenance is an affordable, expected cost that reduces the need for most major repairs.
- Increase energy efficiency: The Department of Energy estimates that once-a-year maintenance can increase HVAC efficiency by up to 30%, reducing your heating and cooling bills in the process.
- Boost home comfort: When your home comfort system operates the way it should, airflow improves for pleasant temperatures and more balanced humidity in every room.
- Lengthen the system’s life span: A clean, tuned-up, well-lubricated HVAC system can live years longer versus a neglected one, saving you on premature replacement equipment.
- Ensure safety: An equipment and safety evaluation during each visit delivers peace of mind that your HVAC system is performing like it's supposed to.
- Protect your warranty: Most HVAC manufacturers value preventive maintenance so much that they necessitate annual tune-ups to keep your warranty in good standing. Investing a little in upkeep now protects you from costly repairs that your warranty should cover.
2. Priority Service
Having an HVAC maintenance contract puts you at the front of the line when you call to request an emergency repair. You can typically count on same-day service—even during nights, weekends and holidays—thanks to 24/7/365 guaranteed priority service for members.
3. Priority Install
Planning on replacing your home comfort system? An HVAC maintenance plan grants access to the fastest installs feasible, even during the most hectic weeks.
4. Discounted Repairs and Services
Routine maintenance lowers the need for repair work, but if your system needs some professional attention, having an HVAC maintenance agreement entitles you to a 15% discount. You’ll also enjoy 15% off indoor air quality products, including pleated filters, whole-house humidifiers and charged media air cleaners.
5. No Trip Charge
Heating and cooling repairs are in some cases unavoidable, but they can get expensive fast. Thankfully, with an HVAC maintenance plan, you’ll never pay trip charges or overtime fees, even for emergency and after-hour service calls.
6. Repair Guarantee
How can you know the technician has completed a job well done? Put your mind at ease with a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all repairs and installations for one year. If the final product leave you dissatisfied, our technician will return to set things right.
Enroll in an HVAC Maintenance Contract
A-PLUS Service Experts offers three HVAC membership levels: Priority+™, Maintenance+™ and the Service Experts Advantage™ Program. Take a look at what each plan offers and contact our staff to help you figure out the optimum plan for your needs and budget. We’re happy to address any questions you have before registering. For more info about our HVAC maintenance contracts or to ask for a tune-up, please contact your local A-PLUS Service Experts office today.