When you turn the faucet on your kitchen or bathroom sink, you anticipate clean, healthy water to flow out. But even if the water looks clear, it may still carry toxic chemicals that present a risk to your family’s health and well-being. Many people do not like the taste of contaminated tap water and recognize the risks of drinking it. That’s why half of all American homes have either a home water treatment system (32 percent) or bottled water (18 percent) to ensure they have safe drinking water at home.
If you want to ensure your family’s well-being, you may first think about continuing the bottled water route. Sadly, this gets costly almost immediately. Additionally, plastic water bottles that aren't recycled end up damaging the world’s waterways, harming the environment and wiping out marine life.
Having a whole-house water filtration system is more cost-effective and healthier for the environment than buying bottled water. It will also deliver healthier water more easily because you can get it straight from the tap. Additionally, whole-house systems provide purified water to your showers, tubs and plumbing appliances, helping you to capitalize on the benefits everywhere you use water in your home.
Before installing a whole-house water filter, find out what’s in your water and how a Filtermax™ Superior Chemical Removal Filter can filter out hazardous contaminants. Then, choose A-PLUS Service Experts to help you find and install the right water filter for you.
What’s in Your Drinking Water?
Water quality varies by location, but a few of the most common contaminants are:
- Heavy metals
- Industrial chemicals
- Disinfection byproducts (DBPs)
Learn what could be in your home's tap water by entering your ZIP Code into the Environmental Working Group’s drinking water quality database. EWG data shows that above 80 percent of utility water supplies in North America tested positive for carcinogenic chemicals, demonstrating that lawful water quality levels are not necessarily safe.
Try Installing a Filtermax Water Filtration System
The Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter eliminates dirt, debris and dangerous chemicals from your tap, furnishing you and your family with safe, sparkling water to drink. Here are the perks of this system:
- Sediment filtration: Cloudiness is a common sign of sediment in your drinking water. Composed of silt, sand, rust or clay, sediment is naturally occurring and can accumulate in the water main after severe storms. While largely harmless, sediment makes your drinking water appear and taste unpleasant. Filtermax provides sediment filtration to remove solids from your drinking water.
- Chlorine removal: Chlorine is the key to clean drinking water in urban settings. However, this disinfectant can generate harmful chemical byproducts when it reacts with naturally occurring organic and inorganic materials in the water. A few DPBs, like trihalomethanes (THMs), are known to cause cancer. Filtermax gets rid of these carcinogens to keep your family safe.
- Safer, cleaner, better-tasting water: Guaranteeing safe tap water is the goal of adding putting in any water filtration solution. Besides being cleaner for your family to enjoy, filtered water also smells, tastes and looks better. No more lingering metallic or musty odors. No more earthy or chlorine taste. No more murky water swirling around your kitchen sink. Just clean-tasting, odorless, crystal-clear water.
- Filtered water to every tap: Toxic chemicals don’t just impact you when ingested—they also absorb into your skin when you shower and cling to your clothing and dishes when you wash them. That’s why a whole-house filtration system is so beneficial because it ensures clean water from every tap.
- No operating expenses or squandered water: Some whole-house filtration systems add to your electric bills. Others increase your water bills with automatic backwashing and flushing. Filtermax proves that healthy water doesn’t have to include steeper utility costs.
- Flow-through distributor: Depending on your plumbing system’s setup, you may need an upflow or downflow water filter. The Filtermax™ flow-through distributor includes both designs to cater to your needs.
- 20-year manufacturer warranty: This is the best warranty in the water treatment equipment industry! With this coverage, you can be sure your investment will carry on providing clean, quality drinking water for many years to come.
Install a Whole-House Water Filter in Your Home
At A-PLUS Service Experts, we install multiple types of water filtration systems from Excalibur, such as the Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter. Whether you’re looking to decrease water hardness, filter out bacteria or remove dangerous chemicals, you’ll find the right product for you from Excalibur. Installation is quick, simple and bolstered with our 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. Call your local A-PLUS Service Experts office for help picking out a water filtration system that matches your needs and budget.