Benefits of Annual Furnace Maintenance
As the temperature falls and you find yourself reaching for the thermostat more often, you should also reach for your phone to schedule annual furnace maintenance. Ensuring your furnace operates at peak efficiency this winter increases your comfort, safety and peace of mind all season long.
Here’s more about what this crucial annual task entails and why you shouldn’t neglect it.
What Is Included in Annual Furnace Maintenance?
A maintenance appointment is an easy way to get your heating system up to par. Although the specific tasks depend on the brand and age of your unit, you can usually expect your technician to perform the following:
- Inspect and clean the burner: In time, dirt and debris can obstruct the burner, affecting its performance. Cleaning it restores ideal heat transfer.
- Test the gas valves: Confirming these valves are totally open and operating correctly is crucial for safe furnace operation.
- Look over the heat exchanger: A cracked heat exchanger can cause carbon monoxide leaks, so it’s important to check that no cracks are present.
- Evaluate and tighten electrical elements: Loose connections can make your system unsafe and inefficient. Thankfully, tightening them is a fast and straightforward task.
- Clean the blower: A grimy blower affects your furnace’s ability to circulate warm air through your home. Cleaning and balancing the fan ensures appropriate airflow.
- Swap out the air filter: Clean air filters enable appropriate airflow throughout your system, which is why you should always replace a dirty air filter in your furnace. Installing a brand-new air filter also improves indoor air quality if you install an efficient enough filtration system.
Why It’s Helpful to Schedule Regular Furnace Maintenance
If your furnace seems to be running fine, is it still helpful to arrange a maintenance visit? Here are some of the ways furnace maintenance is beneficial:
- Decrease mid-season failures: Nothing is worse than waking up on a freezing winter morning to learn your furnace has stopped working. Unexpected breakdowns are aggravating and can leave you scrambling to find someone to fix it. Annual furnace maintenance decreases the risk of unexpected problems because your service tech looks over every part of your system, catching minor issues before they turn into costly repairs.
- Less expensive repair costs: It’s a simple equation—the quicker you catch a problem, the less expensive it is to fix. By investing in budget-friendly, scheduled maintenance visits, you can avoid expensive, inconvenient repairs, keeping more money in your pocket.
- Maximize your furnace’s life span: Like a well-maintained car, a furnace that receives annual tune-ups will likely last longer than a neglected heating system. Annual maintenance helps prevent the expense of early furnace replacement by increasing your system’s life span.
- Increase energy efficiency: A well-maintained heating system works a lot more efficiently. When all the parts are clean and in good working order, your system doesn’t have to work as hard to keep your home warm. This decreases your heating bills and diminishes your environmental impact.
- Enhance indoor air quality: Polluted indoor air worsens allergies and respiratory issues. The air filter in your furnace traps dust, pollen and other airborne particles to reduce these issues. During a maintenance appointment, the technician will change the air filter at your request, ensuring cleaner air circulates through your home.
- Boosts safety: A malfunctioning furnace is not only inefficient, it’s also potentially dangerous. Cracked heat exchangers or defective gas valves can lead to harmful carbon monoxide leaks. Knowing your system has been inspected for any possible safety issues should give you a secure feeling this winter.
What Season Should You Plan Your Maintenance Visit?
To enjoy the most benefits, it’s best to schedule annual furnace maintenance in the fall before winter’s chill gets to your area. This gives you time to make sure any issues are resolved before you begin relying heavily on your heating system.
At-Home Furnace Maintenance Between Appointments
Although professional maintenance is essential, you can perform several tasks yourself to make sure your furnace operates smoothly between visits:
- Switch out the air filter every 30 to 90 days to optimize airflow.
- Be sure that the home’s return and supply registers are open and unobstructed for system balance.
- Vacuum the exterior of the furnace with the brush attachment so it is clean.
Choose Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing for Furnace Maintenance in the U.S.
If it’s time for your next furnace maintenance appointment, Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing is a name you can rely on. Our ACE-certified technicians provide fast, long-lasting fixes for all your heating and cooling problems. We’re proud to deliver solutions to everyone we can and focus on making a big difference in your everyday life and sense of comfort. We even provide a 100% satisfaction guarantee for your peace of mind. To get the most out of your heating system, call 866-397-3787 today to schedule furnace maintenance with Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing.
How to Find an Effective HVAC System
When it comes to keeping your home comfortable during every season, nothing is more important than choosing the right heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system. This choice affects your daily comfort, monthly utility expenditures and general home efficiency. But, with so many system... Continue reading
Yearly HVAC Maintenance Guidelines
Once the air starts to get cold, you know it’s time to get your home ready for the cooler months ahead. Your heating system is crucial to maintaining a cozy, warm atmosphere. A well-maintained furnace supplies the comfort you want while using less energy. Routine inspections also make your... Continue reading
HVAC Trends: What’s New in 2024
In the ever-changing world of home HVAC, keeping up with the current HVAC trends is imperative for homeowners looking to enhance their home’s comfort and efficiency. As we move into 2024, the HVAC industry continues to innovate, bringing new technologies and trends aimed at changing how... Continue reading