Air conditioners don’t work forever, regardless of the brand or quality. If you’re prepping for air conditioning replacement too? It depends on your situation.
Here are a few things to think about, as well as the benefits of staying away from a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Questions to Ask When Thinking About Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are the most important questions to answer prior to making your decision:
- How old is your furnace? Furnaces can run up to 20 years, while air conditioners run for about 15 years. If your furnace is over a 15 years old, plan to replace it along with your air conditioner. If it’s newer than this, you can usually wait.
- What type of air conditioner are you installing? Lots of homeowners are swapping out their old, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed upgrades. This conserves energy and increases comfort by operating at varying speeds. Air conditioners use the furnace blower to move air. So, if you use a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to replace it to get the total comfort and advantages of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace deliver adequate air flow? Your furnace needs to deliver the appropriate amount of air to keep your house comfy. An updated air conditioner might call for a different indoor coil. So, it’s critical your furnace is appropriately sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, like one from A-PLUS Service Experts, can estimate that static pressure of your system and make the right advice.
- Is the installation tricky? You’ll make it easier on your Expert and your budget if you install both systems simultaneously.
Why You Should Replace Your Furnace and Air Conditioner Simultaneously
If your furnace and air conditioner are compatible and are properly sized, there aren’t usually any major imminent drawbacks. A mismatched setup is frequently not permanent until the other system fails. You can avoid the band-aid repair by replacing your furnace and air conditioner together. And, you’ll reap these pluses:
- Increased efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll guarantee everything works at the highest efficiency, making your residence more comfortable and lowering your annual utility costs.
- Fewer HVAC repairs: If you get a new air conditioner but keep the old furnace, you never know when it might malfunction for good. In the meantime, you’ll shell out for repairs that could have paid for a new furnace.
- Potential discounts: You can save on labor by having both put in at the same time. And you may even qualify for an exclusive deal since you’re bundling new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to get rid of your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, call A-PLUS Service Experts. We get the expense of replacing your complete system might worry you, so we’ll make your investment economical through special offers or our headache-free Advantage Program™. You can receive a new, high-efficiency unit at no money down and merely one reasonable monthly cost. And all maintenance and repairs later on are covered!*
You can relax knowing that our team is highly trained, experienced and ACE-certified to guarantee a job well done. Plus, we give you a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 301-747-3140 to schedule an HVAC installation estimate today!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.