Air conditioners don’t work forever, regardless of the brand or quality. If you’re getting ready for air conditioning replacement in Waldorf, you could be considering—should you also schedule furnace replacement too? It depends on your situation.
Here are several things to think over, as well as the pluses of not having a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Questions to Ask When Thinking Over Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are the most important questions to answer in advance of making your decision:
- How long have you had your furnace? Furnaces can work up to 20 years, while air conditioners work for about 15 years. If your furnace is over a 15 years old, we advise replacing it with your air conditioner. If it’s newer than this, you can probably wait.
- What model of air conditioner are you buying? A lot of homeowners are replacing their old, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed upgrades. This uses less energy and enhances comfort by operating at several speeds. Air conditioners use the furnace blower to move air. So, if you rely on a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to replace it to get the total comfort and perks of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace deliver adequate air flow? Your furnace needs to deliver the appropriate amount of air to keep your residence comfy. An updated air conditioner might need a different indoor coil. So, it’s critical your furnace is correctly sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, like one from A-PLUS Service Experts, can estimate that static pressure of your system and make the right suggestion.
- Is the installation tricky? You’ll make it easier on your Expert and your budget if you install both units together.
Why You Should Get a New Furnace and Air Conditioner Together
If your furnace and air conditioner are compatible and are properly sized, there aren’t usually any major imminent consequences. A mismatched setup is frequently not permanent until the other system fails. You can circumvent the temporary fix by replacing your furnace and air conditioner together. And, you’ll reap these pluses:
- Increased efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll make sure everything runs at the highest efficiency, making your residence more comfortable and lowering your annual heating and cooling costs.
- Fewer HVAC repairs: If you replace your air conditioner but keep the old furnace, you never know when it might malfunction for good. In the meantime, you’ll shell out for repairs that could have paid for a modern furnace.
- Possible discounts: You can save on labor by having both replaced at once. And you could even be eligible for an exclusive deal since you’re getting new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to get rid of your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, you can depend on A-PLUS Service Experts. We know the price of replacing your entire system might concern you, so we’ll make your investment economical through special offers or our stress-free Advantage Program™. You can receive a new, high-efficiency unit at no money down and simply one small monthly cost. And all maintenance and repairs later on are covered!*
You can feel good knowing that our team is highly trained, experienced and NATE-certified to guarantee a job well done. Plus, we give you a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 301-747-3140 to schedule an HVAC installation estimate today!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.