When rough weather heads our way, whether it’s forecasted or not, it can have a lot of repercussions. Staying safe and protecting your home are your top priorities, but did you know there are things you can do to prep your air conditioner so that when the storm finishes, your AC repair technician will give you the a-okay?
Taking even a few moments to think about your heating and cooling systems before the storm comes can help you prevent damage to your system when it’s all said and done. Then, when you schedule for an AC repair professional to check your system post-storm, they can possibly provide you with good news that your preparations worked.
At A-PLUS Service Experts, we realize that there’s only so much prep work you can do to get ready for severe weather, and time may not give you much warning, so we’ve put together a a checklist of what you can do before and after a severe weather event takes place.
- Turn off your heating and cooling equipment. Power surges are common during rough weather, so be sure to turn off your system via your thermostat and your circuit breaker to know for sure it is fully off.
- Cover the outdoor unit. Whether it’s a specific AC cover or simply a tarp, covering your system and securing the cover may keep away any debris that gets tossed around during threatening weather. Just be sure you have turned the system completely off before covering it with anything.
- Prep your yard. Ensure all loose outdoor items such as grills, patio furniture and any yard tools are put away in a safe place so that they don’t get strewn about during the bad weather.
- Clear the debris. Once it is safe to go back outside, be sure any debris is cleared away from your outdoor unit.
- Damaged? If you see any damage to your system or if it is sitting in standing water, call A-PLUS Service Experts prior to turning on your air conditioner. We can properly look at your system and determine whether or not an AC repair is a necessity.
Of course we all hope that severe weather doesn’t hit us in Waldorf, but we have to be ready if we want the best chance to avert any major damage or other issues that may come with it. If you have any questions about how to best get ready for severe weather in Waldorf or want to know what our AC repair service consists of after the storm has passed, give us a call at 301-747-3140 or schedule an appointment with A-PLUS Service Experts through our online scheduler.