Summer is usually a busy time of year for many families in Waldorf. Whether it’s a family reunion, an extended vacation or any host of other fun activities, summer not only brings about busy schedules, but that dreaded Waldorf heat as well.
We know you’ve already handled all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs long before summer came, so what else can you do to stay cool during those days where you can’t escape to an air conditioned oasis? Health Canada has five tips:
Spending time outdoors is what summer is all about, but staying safe in the Waldorf heat is non-negotiable. And when you do finally make it back to air conditioning, make sure you’ve handled all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs so you don’t have to worry about it not working in the heat of the summer. Give A-PLUS Service Experts a call at 301-747-3140 or set up an appointment online if you have any questions about potential AC repair or how you can make certain that your air conditioner is running at its highest level in the Waldorf heat.
- Stay in air conditioned places as much as you can. Of course, outdoor activities make this hard, but if you are able to take a short break and utilize an air conditioned building at a park or a vehicle’s air conditioning, do so.
- Drink plenty of fluids. Sip on your drink even if you don't feel thirsty, as thirst can be an early warning of dehydration. If you begin noticing muscle cramps, take a break as it could also be an early indicator of dehydration or a separate heat-related illness.
- Take special measures when planning outdoor activities. Any sort of workout or athletic practices should be held earlier or later in the day when the Waldorf temperatures are lower.
- Dress to stay cooler in high temperatures. Light-colored, lightweight and loose-fitting clothing are your best choice.
- Keep your shower or bath a little colder than usual. It can help you cool down a bit sooner so you can get back to enjoying your home’s air conditioning.