Summer is usually a busy time of year for many families in Waldorf. Whether it’s a family reunion, an extended vacation or any host of other outdoor activities, summer not only brings about full schedules, but that dreaded Waldorf heat as well.
We know you’ve already taken care of all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs well in advance of summer, so what else can you do to stay cool during those days where you can’t escape to an air conditioned oasis? Health Canada has five tips:
Spending time outdoors is what summer is all about, but staying safe in the Waldorf heat is a must. And when you do finally make it back to air conditioning, make sure you’ve handled all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs so you never have to worry about it not working in the heat of the summer. Give A-PLUS Service Experts a call at 301-747-3140 or set up an appointment online if you have any questions about potential AC repair or how you can make certain that your air conditioner is working at its highest level in the Waldorf heat.
- Stay in air conditioned places as much as you can. Of course, outdoor activities make this hard, but if you are able to take a short break and take advantage an air conditioned building at a park or a vehicle’s air conditioning, take advantage of it.
- Drink plenty of fluids. Sip on your drink even if you don't think thirsty, as thirst can be an early warning of dehydration. If you begin noticing muscle cramps, take a breather as it may also be an early sign of dehydration or a separate heat-related illness.
- Take precautions when scheduling outdoor activities. Any sort of workout or athletic practices should be done earlier or later in the day when the Waldorf temperatures are lower.
- Dress to stay cooler in hot temperatures. Light-colored, lightweight and loose-fitting clothing are your best bet.
- Keep your shower or bath a little cooler than normal. It can help you cool down a bit sooner so you can get back to basking in your home’s air conditioning.