Building a new house? Upgrading your current equipment? Regardless of why you’re looking for an air conditioner, you may soon learn you have more alternatives than you initially thought. Follow this information to help you measure four different solutions so you can select the ideal air conditioner in Waldorf.
Central Air Conditioning
This is what many people call to mind when they envision air conditioning for the complete house. Central air conditioning circulates air to every room with a system of ducts and registers.
This might be great for you if:
- Your residence has ductwork.
- You already have a furnace or air handler.
- You want nearly silent, convenient operation.
Air-Source Heat Pump
In hot weather, heat pumps operate much like central air conditioners. Some models can also deliver heat in the winter.
This might be ideal for you if:
- Your house has ductwork.
- Your reside in an area with warmer weather during the winter.
- You’re looking for one piece of equipment for year-round heating and cooling, rather than a standard furnace and air conditioner.
- Your home doesn’t utilize (or you don’t need) natural or propane gas.
- You’re seeking nearly silent, energy-efficient heating and cooling.
Geothermal Heat Pump
The ground below your feet stays at a consistent 55 degrees during the year. A geothermal heat pump uses this ongoing supply of energy with underground loops for excellent heating and cooling efficiency.
This can be good for you if:
- Your house uses ductwork.
- You’re looking for a single piece of equipment for energy-efficient heating and cooling.
- You have enough land around your home for the underground loops.
This is a second kind of heat pump. With ductless mini-splits, an outdoor unit connects to an interior blower unit mounted to a wall or ceiling. This doesn’t call for any ductwork and keeps your windows secure.
This could be good for you if:
- Your residence, or a new expansion to it, doesn’t include ductwork.
- You’re looking for an energy-efficient solution for heating and cooling individual areas.
- You’re looking to add zoning to your home.
Still unsure which kind of air conditioner you should buy? Trust the Experts at A-PLUS Service Experts for all things air conditioning! We can talk through your options and help you choose the right one for your family. Please contact us estimate now.