Imagine it’s a sweltering hot summer day, and your AC unit quits out of the blue. You make phone calls for emergency AC repair, but the temperature keeps climbing while you wait for a technician to arrive. What a headache!
Routine air conditioner maintenance is an essential tool in preventing this scenario. But how can you tell when it’s time for a tune-up? And, is it really worth setting up an appointment if your air conditioner doesn’t seem to have any problems at all? Find out why taking a proactive philosophy is the key to keeping you and your AC unit cool and comfortable.
How Often Should You Service Your AC?
To keep your air conditioner functioning efficiently, HVAC Experts strongly suggest servicing it at least once each year. Annual cooling maintenance ensures your AC unit continues to be in optimal condition, preventing potential problems and increasing its life span.
As for what time to schedule air conditioner maintenance, spring is the best season. This makes it possible for you to address growing issues before the summer heat arrives, ensuring your system runs smoothly during the hot summer months.
However, if spring is past, and you weren't able to schedule AC service, don’t wait for another 12 months. When it comes to making the most out of cooling performance with preventive maintenance, it’s better to do it late than not at all.
What Does AC Service Entail?
An AC tune-up is a detailed process involving several steps. This is why DIY repair is not recommended. Here are some key parts of the work performed during a routine service appointment:
- Thorough inspection: The technician visually examines your air conditioner for potential issues53 or areas requiring attention.
- Cleaning: The technician uses specialized tools and proven techniques to clean the condenser coil, evaporator coil, condensate drain line and other parts to ensure your system runs efficiently.
- Lubrication and tightening: Moving parts are lubricated to decrease friction and protect against wear and tear. Then, electrical connections are tightened to encourage safe equipment operation.
- Filter replacement: Changing the filter improves air quality and helps the unit run in a more efficient manner. HVAC professionals advise doing this in your home every one or two months to maintain proper airflow.
- System test: Before deeming the job complete, your service Expert will run a test cycle to make sure the system starts, operates and shuts down properly.
Benefits of Routine Air Conditioner Service
Many homeowners ask themselves if routine maintenance is worth all the hype. The fact is, regular air conditioner tune-ups encourage better performance and home comfort. Some key benefits include:
- Increased energy efficiency: A well-maintained AC unit uses less electricity to keep your home cool, which translates into lower utility costs and a smaller carbon footprint.
- Lower repair costs: It’s simple to spot potential issues early when a technician methodically inspects your air conditioning every spring. A simple repair, like replacing a fraying fan belt, helps you avoid pricey and inconvenient breakdowns later in the season.
- Increased air quality: A clean air conditioning system leads to better air circulation and fewer airborne allergens for a healthier living environment.
- Extended equipment life: Like getting routine oil changes to help your car run longer, consistent AC service extends the life of your air conditioner, saving you on premature replacement costs.
How Much Does AC Service Cost?
Air conditioning maintenance isn’t a free service, but you should think of it as an investment, not an expense expenditure. After all, regular servicing helps you save on utility bills, complicated and expensive repairs or the expense of having to buy a new AC when your unit should have many more years of operation left in it.
To increase your savings, consider investing in a maintenance plan from Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning. For just one low monthly fee, you’ll decrease the risk of breakdowns and increase energy efficiency for ongoing savings. Choose from three different plans to meet your needs and spending plan. You’ll experience several advantages no matter which one you select, including:
- Regular tune-ups: Our maintenance plans cover annual AC tune-ups, ensuring your system stays in peak condition.
- Priority service: Members go to the front of the line when setting up appointments, even during peak call volumes.
- Discounts: Save 15% on repairs and services, and extra discounts on new equipment.
- Repair guarantee: For your peace of mind, we guarantee the quality of our repairs for one year.
Schedule Air Conditioner Service in North America
Clearly, regular AC maintenance is essential for boosting performance and providing home comfort. Schedule your annual visit, ideally in the spring, to prevent breakdowns and appreciate numerous other benefits of a well-maintained air conditioner.
As for choosing a company to perform the work, Service Experts is clearly the top choice, with qualified professionals, complete maintenance plans and a commitment to customer satisfaction. Entrust air conditioner maintenance to the Experts, and you’ll keep your residence cool and comfortable during even the hottest months. To learn more or arrange your next AC tune-up, please contact a Service Experts office near you today.