How Do You Test for Carbon Monoxide?

There are a multitude of vapors that could be inside your Waldorf house. Natural gas and gases that derive from home furnishings, carpet and paints. None of these fumes are as hazardous as carbon monoxide.

Reach A-PLUS Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 301-747-3140 today to get started defending your family against this toxic gas.

Why is Carbon Monoxide so Toxic?

Carbon monoxide could be a big deal, so it’s not a thing to take lightly.

1. You Can’t Taste It

Carbon monoxide is hazardous because you aren’t able to observe it, detect it with your nose or taste it. It’s not as dangerous in low doses and can’t be purified.

2. It Can Be Lethal After Only Minutes

Carbon monoxide is a byproduct of burnt fuel. It can get into your home during cold weather if the heat exchanger on your gas furnace breaks. Depending on how large the leak is and the airflow in a house, the gas can become lethal in just a few minutes.

Once breathed in, the gas has a half-life of around five hours. If you are breathing pure air, it requires five hours to take it out of your bloodstream. You will need an extra five hours to decrease that amount by half.

3. Carbon Monoxide Reaction Can Mimic Other Illnesses

It could also mirror illnesses that can be misdiagnosed as the flu, viral infections and chronic fatigue syndrome, among other conditions.

How to Guard Your Family from Carbon Monoxide

There’s no justification to take a chance with carbon monoxide poisoning.

Here are three ways you can do to keep your house safe:

  1. Each house with at least one natural gas heater, adjoined garage or fireplace needs to have a carbon monoxide system. You need to have a sensor on every level of your home, including the basement and garage. You also need to install one inside or outside of all bedrooms. Don’t have a carbon monoxide alarm in your home?
    Call A-PLUS Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 301-747-3140 to purchase one. Ask our pros about our economical Wi-Fi carbon monoxide alarms.
  2. If you currently use a carbon monoxide system, frequently test or swap out the batteries. You should test batteries every three months, and replace the detector every three to five years.
  3. If your carbon monoxide system sounds, leave your house immediately and call 911.

Protect Your Family with Assistance from A-PLUS Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning

Carbon monoxide doesn’t have to be scary, and with the recommended actions your family can be guarded from the toxic gas. Make the proper changes and call A-PLUS Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 301-747-3140 to learn more.


Our Health and Safety Commitment
At Service Experts, our top priority is always the health and safety of our customers and team. We are following all COVID-19 (Coronavirus) public safety guidelines and adjusting our business practices as needed to ensure customer and employee wellbeing. As a precautionary measure, anyone working on behalf of Service Experts – including our technicians – is being asked to stay home for the recommended 14 day quarantine period if they are returning from out-of-country, have been exposed to a presumptive or confirmed case, or are feeling unwell. We are providing our technicians and other field employees with additional health and safety guidance to assist in keeping our customers and employees safe. Please be prepared to answer brief health and safety questions with our representative. We will continue to monitor the situation and will adjust our business practices as required. We recognize that this may be a particularly stressful time and want you to know that, we are committed to serving you and making your experience as easy as possible.