It’s cold out there. Much of the country is layering up for some below freezing temperatures. And while the Experts are always ready to help, we’ve got a few HVAC and plumbing honey-dos to help you avoid those winter weather emergencies.
- Disconnect those exterior water connections.
- Make sure you insulate exposed pipes and outdoor fixtures.
- A slow drip in indoor bathrooms and sinks by outer walls can stop pipes from freezing.
- Open up those cabinets under sinks to keep warm air circulating around pipes.
- Keep an indoor temperature of at least 68 degrees (and warmer if possible).
- Get those home heaters ready by checking them for proper operation.
- If you’ve got vents shut in unused rooms, make sure you open them up.
- If your furnace is not heating, contact the Experts for heating repairs or consider a new furnace install.
- Last but not least, give your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors a quick check.
Follow these easy tips to keep your HVAC and plumbing warm and working. Then make yourself some hot cider. And, as always, A-PLUS Service Experts is here for you. If you have questions, concerns or problems, don’t hesitate to call.