Planning routine AC maintenance is helpful.
Tune-ups keep your air conditioner equipment in Waldorf working at peak performance while keeping utility needs down. It also may even help prolong its life expectancy.
While there are a few tasks you can finish alone, you should call the Experts, like the ones at A-PLUS Service Experts, for AC inspections and maintenance.
Here are a couple steps you can take by yourself as you get ready for summer.
Get Your AC Maintenance Set
Spring is a season of renewal, and to many that entails a big portion of indoors, garage and yard sprucing. With the warmer weather approaching, it’s also a good idea to include AC maintenance on that listing.
Spring is a great time of year to get your AC equipment freshened and examined. Hesitating to switch it on until the first sweltering day of the season can be risky. If you need repair or a new unit, you could be waiting days for a tech. And that may become extremely unbearable.
And for allergy sufferers, being ahead of the game with a clean AC system will help provide the finest indoor air quality during pollen season.
Also, AC service might be a requirement for your unit’s manufacturer warranty or any applicable extended warranty.
Can I Complete Maintenance on My Own?
There are procedures that you can do to help keep your air conditioner system in the best condition:
- Replace your air filter recommends each month or two. This is especially necessary if you deal with allergies or have a dog in your residence.
- Lawn work near the outside condenser. Ensure the area is free of grass, weeds or bushes near your air conditioning system. We suggest keeping 2–3 feet of free area. You should also remove any leaves or branches that have collected inside your system, as this may limit airflow.
Let the Professionals Handle the Rest
What’s left to accomplish? If you get in touch with A-PLUS Service Experts at 301-747-3140, the primary thing we might do is compliment you for all the work you’ve already completed. Then our pros get down to the nuts and bolts. We’ll examine your system and make sure it’s working correctly with these steps:
- Adjusting electrical connections to provide secure operation.
- Lubrication to keep moving parts working effortlessly and potentially stay clear of malfunctions.
- Flushing the condensate drain line to clear leak-creating mold and obstructions.
- Fixing coil fins to avoid decreased airflow.
- Freshening the outside coil to remove any buildup from soil and weeds.
- Examining controls to ensure your unit is starting, cooling and shutting down correctly.
- Checking the operating temperature parameters to ensure your equipment has the proper refrigeration charge.
If we find problems that involve additional work, we are set to give you the most reasonable solution. Pinpointing possible issues early can solve larger troubles later on. This also gives you time to plan if your system is aging.
When you are looking for an updated air conditioner to help make your new system fit your budget. No matter what your comfort needs are, you can feel good knowing our Experts have you covered.
Prepared to schedule your maintenance? Give us a call at 301-747-3140 or schedule an appointment online right away.