Booking routine AC maintenance is worth the effort.
Checkups keep your air conditioner equipment in Waldorf working at peak performance while keeping utility needs down. It also could even help lengthen its life cycle.
While there are a few tasks you can complete by yourself, you should hire Experts, like the ones at A-PLUS Service Experts, for AC inspections and service.
Here are several steps you can take alone as you get ready for warm weather.
Get Your AC Tune-Up Booked
Spring is a period of renewal, and to many that entails a large amount of indoors, garage and yard freshening. With the warmer weather near, it’s also a good idea to include AC maintenance on that checklist.
Spring is a great season to get your AC unit scrubbed and examined. Hesitating to switch it on until the first warm day of the summer can be a gamble. If you need repair or a new unit, you could be waiting a long time for a technician. And that may turn awfully unpleasant.
And for allergy sufferers, being ahead of the game with a clean AC system will help provide the greatest indoor air quality during pollen season.
Also, AC upkeep could be a requirement for your unit’s manufacturer warranty or any applicable extended warranty.
Can I Finish Service on My Own?
There are procedures that you can do to help keep your AC system in the best condition:
- Replace your air filter. Dirty filters limit airflow and may lower your system’s efficiency. While how often you should replace it depends on the type of filter you have, the U.S. Department of Energy advises each month or two. This is especially crucial if you suffer from allergies or have pets in your house.
- Lawn work near the outside condenser. Ensure there’s not any grass, weeds or bushes by your cooling equipment. We suggest keeping 2–3 feet of open area. You should also remove any leaves or sticks that have collected inside your system, as this may impede airflow.
Let the Pros Handle the Rest
What’s left to accomplish? If you get in touch with A-PLUS Service Experts at 301-747-3140, the initial thing we might do is compliment you for all the work you’ve already completed. Then our pros get down to the finer details. We’ll check your system and make sure it’s working like it should with these steps:
- Securing electrical connections to deliver secure operation.
- Lubrication to keep moving parts working effortlessly and potentially skip malfunctions.
- Rinsing the condensate drain line to clear leak-inducing mold and blockages.
- Fixing coil fins to avoid decreased airflow.
- Freshening the exterior coil to remove any buildup from soil and grass.
- Examining controls to double check your equipment is starting, cooling and shutting down like it should.
- Checking the operating temperature parameters to ensure your equipment has the proper refrigeration charge.
If we uncover problems that need additional service, we are ready to give you the most reasonable choice. Pinpointing possible issues early can solve larger issues later on. This also gives you time to plan if your AC is getting older.
When you are seeking an updated air conditioner, our Experts will partner with you to locate the ideal equipment for your home. We also offer financing to help make your new system fit your budget. No matter what your AC needs are, you can have peace of mind knowing our Experts have you covered.
Need to schedule your maintenance? Give us a call at 301-747-3140 or schedule an appointment online right away.