4 Tips for Saving Energy in Waldorf This Summer
Spring is wonderful for many reasons: flowers bloom, you can crack windows for outdoor air and your utility bill is usually at its lowest. That’s because you’re not turning to your heat or air.
But as temps begin to climb, so do your energy charges. Here are a couple of ideas for saving energy in the U.S. and keeping bills down.
1. Schedule Annual AC Maintenance
Giving your AC system an annual maintenance visit can help it work more efficiently and cut down costs. Changing out your air filter will help keep power charges low.
If your cooling equipment has seen better days, spring is a great time to replace it. The energy-saving options in modern air conditioning systems is a huge advantage for keeping your energy expenses down.
2. Start with Your Thermostat
There’s a painless way you can save up to 10% on home comfort costs. Just turn your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours a day.
Understanding how to efficiently work your thermostat is the best way to reduce energy bills in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re at home. Consider it this way, the less significant the difference between exterior temperatures and interior temperatures, the less expensive your energy bill will be.
- When you’re away, set the thermostat to a much higher temperature or turn it off. It doesn’t make sense to cool an empty home.
3. Experiment with Other Ways to Cool Your House
You can do a few other methods to help keep your residence at the right temperature:
- Use a ceiling fan—By running a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no decrease in comfort. Have your fan move counterclockwise when it’s warm out, which pushes cool air upward. This disperses cool air more equally when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds drawn—Sunlight quickly transforms into heat as it moves through windows. Keep your residence comfortable by closing blinds and curtains when you’re not using sunny spaces.
4. Consider Using a Smart Thermostat
You’ve left home and suddenly realize you neglected to turn up the thermostat. Then you think about it the entire day!
Smart thermostats figure out your habits and adjust the temp when you’re gone to help you save energy and money. You can also change the conditions from anywhere with your phone.
These pro ideas will all help keep summer energy charges down. If you decide it’s time to modernize your thermostat or need AC installation online. We’ll help you select the correct fit for your home. And like always, all our services are backed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
How to Find an Effective HVAC System
When it comes to keeping your home comfortable during every season, nothing is more important than choosing the right heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system. This choice affects your daily comfort, monthly utility expenditures and general home efficiency. But, with so many system... Continue reading
Yearly HVAC Maintenance Guidelines
Once the air starts to get cold, you know it’s time to get your home ready for the cooler months ahead. Your heating system is crucial to maintaining a cozy, warm atmosphere. A well-maintained furnace supplies the comfort you want while using less energy. Routine inspections also make your... Continue reading
HVAC Trends: What’s New in 2024
In the ever-changing world of home HVAC, keeping up with the current HVAC trends is imperative for homeowners looking to enhance their home’s comfort and efficiency. As we move into 2024, the HVAC industry continues to innovate, bringing new technologies and trends aimed at changing how... Continue reading