Spring is enjoyable for more than a few reasons: flowers are blossoming, you can crack windows for fresh air and your power bill is often at its lowest. That’s because you’re not relying on your heat or air conditioner.
But as temps begin to rise, so do your energy bills. Here are a couple of tips for saving energy in Waldorf and keeping bills less expensive.
1. Call for Yearly AC Maintenance
Giving your cooling system an annual tune-up can help it run more efficiently and reduce costs. Switching out your air filter will help keep power expenses down.
If your HVAC equipment has had better days, spring is a good time to upgrade it. The energy-saving options in newer air conditioning systems is a definite plus in keeping your utility expenses down.
2. Turn Down Your Thermostat
There’s a painless way you can save up to 10% on heating and cooling costs. Just turn your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours each day.
Learning how to efficiently schedule your thermostat is the easiest way to lower energy costs in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re in the house. Think of it this way, the less significant the difference between outdoor temperatures and indoor temperatures, the cheaper your home comfort bill will be.
- When you’re away, set the thermostat to a much higher temperature or turn it off. You shouldn’t have to cool an empty residence.
3. Take Advantage of Other Approaches to Cool Your Space
You can do a few other methods to help keep your residence comfortable:
- Use a ceiling fan—By running a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no reduction in comfort. Have your fan spin counterclockwise during the summer, which forces cool air upward. This disperses cool air more evenly when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds shut—Sunlight quickly changes into heat as it passes through windows. Keep your residence comfortable by closing blinds and curtains when you’re not sitting in sunny spaces.
4. Consider Using a Smart Thermostat
You’ve left home and abruptly realize you failed to turn up the thermostat. Then you worry about it the whole day!
Smart thermostats pick up on your routine and adjust the temp when you’re out to help you save money. You can also change the thermostat from anywhere with your phone.
These professional ideas will all help keep summer energy costs low. If you figure out it’s time to modernize your thermostat or need AC installation, give our team a call at 301-747-3140 or contact us online. We’ll help you select the best solution for your home. And as usual, all our services are protected by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
*Not applicable to the Advantage Program™. See your signed Advantage Program agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.