Spring is nice for many reasons: flowers bloom, you can crack windows for fresh air and your power bill is often at its lowest. That’s because you’re not relying on your heat or air.
But as mercury begins to climb, so do your energy bills. Here are a couple of suggestions for saving energy in Waldorf and keeping costs low.
1. Call for Annual AC Maintenance
Giving your cooling system a yearly maintenance visit can help it work more efficiently and lower costs. Replacing your air filter will help keep power expenses low.
If your cooling equipment has had better days, spring is a good time to update it. The energy-saving options in newer air conditioning systems is a definite plus in keeping your utility expenses down.
2. Turn Down Your Thermostat
There’s a painless way you can save up to 10% on heating and cooling costs. Just turn your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours a day.
Learning how to effectively schedule your thermostat is the easiest way to lower energy costs in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re in the house. Consider it this way, the less significant the difference between outside temperatures and inside temperatures, the smaller your home comfort bill will be.
- When you’re away, set the thermostat to a much higher temperature or shut it off. You shouldn’t have to cool an empty residence.
3. Try Other Methods to Cool Your Space
You can do a few other methods to help keep your house comfortable:
- Use a ceiling fan—By starting a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no reduction in comfort. Have your fan spin counterclockwise during the summer, which pushes cool air upward. This disperses cool air more evenly when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds shut—Sunlight quickly changes into heat as it passes through windows. Keep your house comfortable by drawing blinds and curtains when you’re not using sunny spaces.
4. Think About Getting a Smart Thermostat
You’re out of the house and abruptly realize you failed to turn up the thermostat. Then you stew about it the whole day!
Smart thermostats learn your schedule and adjust the temp when you’re out and about to help you save money. You can also set the thermostat from anywhere with your phone.
These professional tips will all help keep summer energy costs low. If you figure out it’s time to upgrade your thermostat or need AC installation, give our team a call at 301-747-3140 or contact us online. We’ll help you select the right solution for your home. And as usual, all our services are protected by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
*Not applicable to the Advantage Program™. See your signed Advantage Program agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.